Monday, May 26, 2008

Rough waters ahead

I haven't spent much time practicing or doing anything really cool for the past week or so. Work's been very hectic over last week, I've been spending a lot of my free time outside the house and I just picked up a new game over the weekend.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is a pretty fun game so far. It's a massively multiplayer online RPG (adventure game) set in the world now ruled by Conan (played in movies by the Governator formerly known as Arnold Schwarzenegger). It's similar to other games of this type where you run errands for people, kill monsters and the like. What makes this game unique is that battles are real-time. Instead of clicking on an enemy and waiting for your turn to attack, you press keys on the keyboard to slash downward and toward the left, right and center. Later, you can open up the ability to slash upward and left or right if your class allows it. It really makes the game more interactive and entertaining. Graphics are very purty and the inner workings of the game are pretty complex. I also like the world of Hyboria a lot, while not being a fan of the Conan series.

I should find some time to get some practice in and post some videos. Maybe I'll finish up the Phantom of the Opera cover and pretty it up. Just gotta learn the solos.

No comments: